(Production Two) Shooting Locations



Since I am not currently able to travel to Iceland for my project and all media used has to be our own, I have decided to try to do two different things; draw my own photos and staging photos to look as if they are in Iceland. By doing this, I could create a cool house style for my magazine, create a fun learning experience, and I could still make accurate representations of what happens during certain celebrations.


Drawing my own photos will be what is used for the majority of the images used. I feel like this is a really cool idea since it not only leaves my opportunities and ideas open for what to use for my project, it also can add a really cool style to my magazine. Most travel magazines use pictures from the actual place which is informational and can help people see if they would like to travel to the place or not, but my magazine will have art which will cause people to have reaction similar to "Wow! This drawing looks cool; what does this look like in real life?". This would make people start to do their own research if they are really truly interested in the place which could be a really fun and educational experience as well. 


My other idea is to stage photos that could look as if they were from Iceland. Iceland has one day a year where the sun doesn't go down in the Summer, this is known as the Midnight Sun. During this day, people of Iceland stay up all night long and do countless activities such as swimming, hiking ,playing golf, and of course, partying! These images could be staged by having people doing those activities out in the daytime, but just not in Iceland! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(Production Four) Photo Shoot Day!

(Production Five) My House Style